Saturday, December 7, 2013

You Again.


I'm familiar with this hard place. I know it, know its changing temptations, its longing and grasping and wanting. I know its possibilities and hope, hope I have to dig for but know can be found. I've spent some time here. I know the ropes. 

That doesn't make it any easier. 

*edit*

Now I'm laughing at myself. Of course I'm back, I have so much more to learn. Maybe I got one star on all these levels, a C on these assignments the first time around. Here's to college algebra, to level 2, to the same but more, the same but harder, more challenges, bigger giants. 3 stars this time. A+ on the tests. Here's to not scraping by, here's to winning, here's to humbling, grating, sweaty re-do's. 

After all, I know this place. Just not as well as He wants me to.  

No comments: