Thursday, January 29, 2009

Four Must-Sees

No. 1:
No, I did not just like it because of the Dude of Amazingness. I liked it because of the Dudes of Amazingness. Plural. Acting: excellent, score: excellent, cinematography: breathtaking, story: supposedly quite far-fetched compared to the original, but I found it inspiring. I also thought that it didn't quite merit its R rating, aside from the fair amount of language one or two of the characters employed. This definitely counts among the best movies I've seen recently.










No. 2:

Another one with cool guys. :-) (Andy Serkis! *swoons*) It was also a thoroughly fanciful, enjoyable, and delightful story. And much cleaner than Defiance. So go see it.









No. 3:


Possibly Tom Cruise's best role. The story and delivery were awe-inspiring; the theater was entirely silent when the lights came up at the end. Incredible.














No. 4:
Latest RedBox find; I liked it so much I watched it twice in on evening. The child actors were remarkable, and though it got off to a slow start, I couldn't have turned it off before the end. Highly recommended. :-)

2 comments:

Mercy Call said...

I wanted to see inkheart with you guys. whatever.

Slumdoy millionaire is one you should- scratch that- HAVE to see.

Jessica McDonald said...

I was planning to go see Valkyrie a couple weeks ago but never got around to it. :P *makes a mental note to put it on "to watch" list*

Thank you for the other reccomendations...Defiance looks amazing and Inkheart is one I've been wanting to see!

Love, Jess