Wednesday, April 1, 2009

things that make me happy

Pictures.

Sunshine.

Rainstorms and the peace of coming out of them.

Buttery leather shoes (not that I own any, but I do dream about them. hehe.)

Mountain dew. Like grace needs to be any more hyper.

That clean, bright look that April has.

Memories that make me laugh out loud in public places.

God's spring color palette. Drama He does well. :-)

Ecclesiastes, in a funny kind of way at times.

That bell sound my phone makes when I get a text. "somebody loves me!"

Clear baby eyes.

Papa, my hero, and the ways in which he is heroic.

That perfect chord at just the right moment.

Discovering that most of my favorite people have a color which I associate with them. "No, I won't tell you your color. Stop asking."

Looking forward.

Buying the first flip-flops of the summer.

Voices I love saying things they've said four million times before.

Playing piano in my favorite stone church; something about the peace that passes all understanding.

Promises.

When my friends freak out and I'm all calm and collected and helpful. At least, I think this would make me happy; I suppose I've never actually experienced it.

Dirty chai lattes. ohmygosh. love.

And I think I'd better stop before this goes on forever (ever, ever, ever. not enough evers). Consider me a content person. :-)

3 comments:

Juliet SN said...

I love this post :) And I love you :)

*hugs*

Katie Beth said...

The perfect chord... yes. Absolutely yes.

Is my color orange? ;-)

Virginia said...

"Memories that make me laugh out loud in public places."

I do that ALL THE TIME. =P Makes me happy too.